The achievement of our mission and vision has been supported since the beginning by a cohesive action plan regarding communication and information setting as priority the provision of:
- Sound and continuous updates to our (cooperative) organisations-members, and to Greece’s producers on a broader scale, as well as to all interested parties, related to developments in agricultural policy both at a national and EU level, with an emphasis on the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
- Documented analysis on the status and prospects of Greece’s primary sector as well as specific production sectors as well as on horizontal issues of special interest to the primary and broader agri-food sector
Our activities within this framework mainly focus on:
- organising the annual Panhellenic Congress on the Development of Greek Agriculture, which, after 7 successful events, has become an institution for Greece’s primary and broader agri-food sector, attracting more than 700 representatives from Greece and abroad
- organising regular informative conferences/seminars across the territory
- preparing important studies, reports, brochures and regularly publishing articles in the domestic and international Press
- targeted communication & information campaigns on the CAP, especially through planning and implementing Information Measures Relating to the Common Agricultural Policy (IMCAP) financed by the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Commission. Since 2016 we have successfully implemented the following Information Measures: “GAIA CAP” (2016-2017), “2CAP-Capitalizing the CAP” (2017-2018), “CAP FORWARD” (2019-2020) and “CAP3D – CAP for economic, environmental and social sustainability” (2020-2021). Currently (2021-2022) we’re implementing the Information Measure “CAP2Fork-towards a sustainable food system from farmer to consumer”, aiming at increasing awareness among farmers, (rural) stakeholders and the general public (with a particular focus on young people in urban areas), when it comes to the CAP’s long term, ongoing and future contribution to the sustainable transition of the food system envisioned in the context of the European Green Deal.